Saturday 23 June 2012

State of Euphoria


Laughter is a great thing and we've all heard the saying, "Laughter is the best medicine" so I believe
if you are too busy to laugh, then you are too busy.

 

 

 I came across this a while ago not only did it make me laugh but it stuck with me because it describes things in the exact way that I see them "When I was a kid in school, my teacher told me to write down what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down happy, she told me I didn't understand the assignment, l laughed and told her she didn't understand life." I wish I was that wise from an earlier age, but hey! atleast I got there because In my quest of finding my inner-winner I found that the only way to truly win is to be content and only then can you start the journey to true happiness.

As the years have gone by I came to the realization that the happiest people don't have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything and the best feeling in the world is realizing that you're perfectly happy without the things you thought you needed. There are countless indicators of what you should achieve/feel like once you have reached happiness and for me the most important has to be the one I find most contagious of them all; laughter. Laughter is the physiological respo­nse to humor and it consists of two parts, a set of gestures and the production of a sound. When we laugh, the brain pressures us to conduct both those activities simultaneously. Many researchers believe that the purpose of laughter is related to making and strengthening human connections. "Laughter occurs when people are comfortable with one another, when they feel open and free, therefore the more laughter there is, the more bonding occurs within the group." So if you bring more laughter into your life, you can most likely help others around you to laugh more, and realize these benefits as well. By elevating the mood of those around you, you can reduce their stress levels, and perhaps improve the quality of social interaction you experience with them, which in turn reduces your stress level even more!

Surround yourself with funny people
 Laughter is a great thing and we've all heard the saying, "Laughter is the best medicine", this is an experience that we should have at the center of our lives, that is why I believe that if you are too busy to laugh then you are too busy, slow down and enjoy a bit. Marrianne Williamson stated "As we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same." Well I say "As we let our smiles burst into laughter, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same" Figure out what makes you laugh and do it/ read it/ watch it more often. Surround yourself with funny people, be with them every chance you get. Be funny every chance you get just as long as it's not at someone els'es expense!



No comments:

Post a Comment